- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Aug 2019
- Project posted
- 27 Jun 2019 04:45
- Project duration (approx.)
- 60 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$175000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- On-site in Hong Kong
- Mandarin (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
*This is a permanent role based in Hong Kong
**Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate's experience.
We are the leading global technology and professional services firm that provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, and analytics to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Managing Consultant
• The Senior Managing Consultant (SMC) has the responsibility to help grow and manage our business as a whole in Greater China (including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan) working closely with the Head of Greater China.
• The SMC will effectively manage a pipeline of pursuits from early lead stages through to signature, project kickoff and delivery. These pursuits will vary greatly in scope and value and, although the pipeline will be driven mainly by traditional bank card issuers, the SMC’s range will also encompass: merchants, airlines and hotel chains; acquirers and processors; government entities; as well as new entrants and non-traditional players in the virtual and physical payments ecosystem
• The SMC will draw on a broader team of colleagues in China as well as further afield, including strategy consultants and specialists (risk, marketing, analytics etc.), to architect solutions that add significant value to our clients
• The SMC will work effectively with our account relationship managers in China to gain access to senior clients, bring valuable insights to bear, and expeditiously match customer needs with our offering of solutions
• Candidates for this role will likely have answered ‘yes’ to at least one of the following questions:
o Have you managed complex retail banking and/or payments strategy projects?
o Have you ever helped to launch a new credit, debit, pre-paid card business or product?
o Do you have a point of view on the potential impact of digital payments in China? Or co-branding? Or B2B payments using cards?
• Deliver on the numbers:
Surpass our sales and revenue targets for China across
Take a leading role in winning major deal bids, including influencing network RFP decisions and cross-selling our value-added services
• Build peer relationships and become trusted advisor with senior level clients in China, capturing these clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests and identifying the most critical aspects of the problem
• Translate objectives into key hypotheses and structure work for large/complex projects or ill-defined problems
• Lead formal and informal pitches, from “storyboarding” through face-to-face presentation and create succinct, persuasive written materials tailored to the “level” of the audience
• Oversee project delivery through to successful completion over and above what was promised to clients and ensuring continuous and expanded follow-on work
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Experience in top management consulting firms
• Experience in relevant industry (preferred but not required): superior knowledge of payments in general, loyalty, co-branding, digital marketing, security and risk management, innovation and/or big data and analytics
• Knowledge of China market, trends and opportunities
• Demonstrates the ability to initiate, develop, and close a sale
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, including ability to frame the customer’s opportunity in financial terms (i.e. value quantification)
• Demonstrated ability to develop and project a credible point of view on a variety of industry topics, to act as a trusted advisor to senior clients, and to show thought leadership at an industry level
• Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
• Ability to gain consensus with others and coordinate team of consultants and subject matter experts around goal
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Proficiency in written and verbal English plus fluency in Mandarin
• Bachelor’s and post-graduate degrees (MBA or other) from leading universities