- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 15 Mar 2019 01:38
- Project duration (approx.)
- 60.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$115416.67 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Financial Services
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
- Hong Kong
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded and a technology innovation lab.
• Our Loyalty Solutions is a leading provider of loyalty and rewards services to merchants and financial institutions across the Asia Pacific region. Whilst our AP headquarters are in Singapore we are Asia Pacific’s leading rewards program manager, with a growing footprint across the region into key markets such as China, India, Taiwan, Japan and Australia. Our customer base includes financial institutions and large merchants.
• The Merchant Loyalty (ML) team provides relationship management and supports business development functions for all key merchant accounts.
o The ML team is the face of all Loyalty Solutions products and services. As such they are responsible for taking existing products to the market as solutions, as well as providing product teams with feedback from the market in terms of sizing the market opportunity and how products are perceived by existing or potential customers.
o The role combines new business development with multi-program management and the role holder will have a wide remit in terms of both opportunity identification and execution. The role holder will need to have personal ambition and drive and be able to work independently from close supervision to skillfully manage all components of the business.
o Merchant in our world is defined broadly ranging from high street retailers to grocery, e-tailers, airlines, hotels, duty free shops, to manufacturers and business to business merchants.
o Can you demonstrate strategic thinking and how that applies to business development activities?
o Have you worked with or in the loyalty or marketing departments of major merchants in a variety of merchant categories?
o Have you lead an account management team to manage and grow key merchant accounts?
• Account/Relationship Management
o Leads merchant accounts, is senior point of contact, providing an account escalation point, and establishing productive and professional relationships with key senior personnel in assigned merchant accounts.
o Develops the merchant segment strategy by Merchant / Merchant Sector
o Manages team to create strategic account plans that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Annual plan details plan to achieve Loyalty Solutions financial targets - which products, bundling, quantified targets.
- Obtain Country Lead approval / endorsement on Account Plans.
o Manages Team members to develop and execute client business reviews (Quarterly Strategic Reviews) that showcase the value Loyalty Solutions brings to the merchant, including industry trends, thought leadership, competitive landscape and analytics on program performance versus objectives
o Understand our merchant client and partner competitive environments and industries. Feed this knowledge back to our clients as part of regular reviews and strategic account plans.
o Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis and recommends the best product solution(s), loyalty program strategy and or marketing strategy to meet client needs and objectives.
o Leads contract re-negotiations, RFP’s and identifying new merchant business opportunities
• Business Development
o Design loyalty solutions and compelling value propositions that meet merchant needs
o Generates leads, manages sales calls and develops client proposals leveraging Sales Materials created by Product Leads
o Creates, manages and reports on a robust sales pipeline for all relevant Product lines in Sales Force that qualifies opportunities, depicts sales stage, revenue potential and targeted decision and implementation timeframes
o Conducts deal reviews for new customer opportunities outlining the opportunity, pricing strategy, key performance indicators, revenue, cost, profit margin and any associated risks. Obtain Finance approval on deals.
o Negotiates contracts in conjunction with legal, finance, product teams, and regional teams (as appropriate) through to execution
• Financial Ownership
o Primary responsibility for merchant segment Loyalty P&L and driving profitable revenue growth
o Oversees the creation of budgets (by a product/solution) and forecasts, and manages to revenue targets.
• Demonstrates Product and Industry Expertise
o Provides industry thought leadership and loyalty expertise to help win and grow business
o Capture evolving Merchant needs and market learnings. Feed these into Product Teams to educate and influence the Product Road Maps
o Fully understand product roadmaps and additional features / CVP to leverage for Merchants.
o Attend product training and 2-way knowledge sharing sessions with Product Leads as input into Product Development.
o Defines requirements for product marketing and sales material to appropriately position our capabilities and solutions to merchants
o Represents Loyalty solutions at merchant forums and industry events
o Collaborates with Global/Regional/in-market P & P as needed to design comprehensive solutions and strategies to meet client objectives and drive product roadmap/ strategy.
• Collaboration with other business units
o Works with relevant regional teams to understand merchant priorities and pain points
o Works with relevant regional teams to identify client decision makers, develop account strategies and build relationships that will help win new business
o Where appropriate, becomes the Key Merchant Account Manager (KMAM) for their merchant account and leads the curation of value and account management across all merchant facing divisions
All About You
• Experience in account management, marketing, business development in retail or trade industries preferred.
• Strong people management experience
• Excellent knowledge of loyalty disciplines and solutions.
• Superior relationship building skills
• Knowledge of merchant propositions with strong consumer value proposition
• Well-developed financial analysis and business modeling skill including managing a P&L
• Strong business writing skills
• Strong communication skills
• Highly motivated
• Able to work collaboratively
• Business and outcome focused
• Strong impact and influence skills
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
• English and Mandarin or Cantonese preferred.