- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 18 Mar 2019 16:55
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$140000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Operations, Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
- United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity backed manufacturer starting a transformation to improve efficiencies at our manufacturing plants in both Tennessee (near Clarksville) and Texas (near Dallas). We need one Lean Continuous Improvement Manager to work in either plant.
The primary responsibility of this role is the management and execution of a Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence program centered on, but not limited to key methodologies including LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Cost Improvement Projects (CIPs).
The incumbent is responsible for championing these efforts by applying his or her leadership and continuous improvement skills to streamline manufacturing and process activities, thereby reducing waste and cost. This person will directly manage up to 5 Lean Engineers and must have the ability to influence leaders and employees across all functions of the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Collaborate with Leadership to develop and implement Lean Operational Excellence Roadmap
• Identify opportunities and projects that support strategic business initiatives
• Work with team leaders from past events to report on sustainment activities and ROI
• Apply the concepts of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement tools to eliminate waste, reduce process variability and improve processes.
• Plan, coordinate and conduct Kaizen events and Lean Six Sigma projects with an emphasis on root cause analysis, elimination of waste and solid financial payback
• Develop and administer training materials to facilitate the understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and quality improvement concepts and techniques to all levels of associates
• Train and develop Kaizen leaders across the business
• Train and coach managers and supervisors in their roles to develop and support a culture of Continuous Improvement that develops all employees to identify and solve problems
• Build and lead team of Lean Engineers responsible for all the above.
• Direct and engage leaders and employees in Lean transformation projects and serve as the key driving force to deliver on strategies
• Develop, track and report on all metrics associated with Lean and Continuous Improvement activities, including financial impact to Executive leadership
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
4 Lean Continuous Improvement Engineers
• BS in Business or Engineering
• 10 plus years’ experience in the practice of Lean, Six Sigma and/or other improvement tools and methodologies with demonstrated results
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of Lean and Six Sigma tools (Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, 5S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Standardized Work, SMED, Kaizen, DMAIC, SPC, DOE and Statistical Hypothesis Testing)
• Strong PC application skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Minitab etc.)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to persuade others
• Strong project management skills and ability to present information to all levels in an organization
• Demonstrated pattern of continued personal growth and development and the ability to help others embrace change
• Highly motivated, self-directed, creative, innovative and people oriented self-starter with strong management skills
• Flexibility in work schedule for possible work on holidays, weekends and extended hours with minimal notice and as needed.
• Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt), SME/AME Lean Certification, ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and/or ASQ Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• Previous experience in a consulting role (external or internal) leading transformative change through opportunity diagnostic, project chartering, launch, implementation and standardization phases.
• Experience in a manufacturing and/or logistics environment