- Project status
- Project start date
- 19 Feb 2018
- Project posted
- 19 Jan 2018 12:22
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £700 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Operations, Strategy
- On-site in United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a UK based Transportation Company working on a rail franchise bid and are looking for a consultant who has experience with building an operational strategy for train crews (driver and conductor) including establishments, recruitment profiles and training plans.
The consultant would work onsite in our London office alongside our bid team for 5-6 months for 4 days a weeks starting from 19 February 2018.
The consultant would be responsible for leading the development of the train crew strategy for a franchise bid including but not limited to:
1) Development of business cases to justify decisions on the proposed train crew establishment size (examples could include cost of decreasing reliance on rest day working, new train crew depot locations, ability to change or harmonise T&Cs)
2) The manpower plan for all train crew including analysis of different training and recruitment profiles evaluated against risk for service delivery
3) Writing the final submission on train crew strategy in the bid
The consultant should have experience in operational or driver management (as a resource manager, driver manager or operations manager) and have an analytical approach to informing decisions.
They should be able to think strategically and able to cover:
- Review and understanding of the operational requirements of the new franchise
- Analyse current resourcing levels and any risks and opportunities for change
- Develop and evidence ways to meet the franchise requirements
We would expect the consultant to have at least 10 years relevant experience in this space.
Experience or a good understanding of rail franchising and bidding and the ability to work with an analyst on the development and testing of train crew diagrams.