- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 12 Feb 2019 15:50
- Project duration (approx.)
- 4 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$53332.8 (fixed cost)
- On-site in United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a major private equity investment firm seeking a highly skilled Domestic Procurement Director.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of installing systems, process and structure in a decentralized procurement function. They will provide leadership, direction, development and performance of supplier networks through effective supplier relations, communication, metric analysis, and the management and development of the Domestic Procurement teams. Responsible for implementation, retention and development of this new organization structure to create a world class supply chain, drive material productivity, provide process structure for seamless fulfillment and enhance customer satisfaction in support of company goals and department strategies.
The successful candidate will utilize his/her expert knowledge of the creation and management of leveraged agreements, the management of key supplier and customer relationships, and the effective execution of commodity planning and management processes to successfully implement, execute, and comply with procurement and commodity/spend category strategies, contracts, processes, and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Develop the overall sourcing vision, including execution of short term goals and long term direction.
• Establish strong collaboration with Supplier, SIOP and Sales teams to ensure product availability and enhance customer satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain on-going relationships with key suppliers and establishes effective programs and to ensure “best in class” supplier performance.
• Provide in-depth analysis and planning to implement continuous improvement processes within the supply chain group, as well as with suppliers.
• Responsible for the development and execution of strategies for the full cycle of the supply chain and procurement process to ensure consistent and high-quality delivery of products. Specifically, deliver competitive advantage utilizing an advanced knowledge of industry best practices and technology trends within these spend categories.
• Overall responsibility for setting strategic direction on assigned categories/projects with supporting goals, plans and metrics which will lead to significant impact on EBITDA.
• Manage the development, implementation, and alignment of our North American (US, Canada, and Mexico) sourcing strategies and spend categories to achieve broad business objective.
• Analyze and understand total cost of ownership structures for area(s) of responsibility to develop better and/or innovative pricing models (e.g. performance- or indices-based pricing).
• Execute procurement strategies across the organization to ensure consistent and high-quality value delivery.
• Negotiate vendor relationships, supplier relationships and implement best practices in procurement and vendor management to support organizational operational objectives. Monitor category trends and overall spend.
• Direct the development and negotiation of complex agreements with suppliers.
• Provide financial analysis and decision support for consideration of alternatives.
• Responsible for setting goals and objectives for the responsible spend category ensuring the company objectives are met.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong demonstrated recent experience leading a supply chain and procurement function.
• High degree of technical knowledge relative to Supply Base Management practices and methodologies in a multi-facility environment.
• Proven track record in developing and implementing sourcing strategies (suppliers, processes) that meet business objectives.
• Comfort with ambiguity and creating something new, something that does not currently exist.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and build consensus among members of the organization.
• Excellent financial analytical skills to develop, validate and implement our category strategies to yield best in class ROIC (Return on Invested Capital).
• Experience producing reports on performance and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential savings for forecast and budgets.
• Demonstrated project management skills. Ability to lead multiple small, medium and large projects simultaneously through all phases of the project lifecycle, including detailed project schedules, tasks lists and status change reporting.
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, self-awareness and adaptability required.
• Collaborate with various cross functional teams (SIOP, DC Operations and Sales) to ensure service gaps are addressed and preventive actions are developed and implemented to exceed customer delivery expectations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to produce and deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.). Intermediate skills required in Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Management, Engineering or Finance Business. MBA degree is a plus.
• Minimum 10+ years progressively responsible experience in operations and/or professional sourcing and supply chain experience
• Membership in ISM (NAPM, with professional certification as a CPM, preferred
The successful candidate will also be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.