- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 15 Jan 2018 12:00
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £1200 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Market Analysis, Product Development, Sales / Business Development, Strategy, Product Management
- On-site in United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a PE fund that is looking for support of one of our portfolio businesses. The portfolio company is specialized in fluid transfer systems. As such they are a well established supplier to the automotive market, which accounts for approx. 50% of their revenue. The other half is generated in the performance and motor sports segment of the business. The later supply e.g. break lines in small batches to racing teams – small batches can be as small as a single piece provided to prominent motor sport teams/clients.
We need a highly strategic consultant to execute a thorough and complete study of the performance and motor sport market in order to identify key areas of growth on which the portfolio should focus.
It is important that the consultant (and his/her team) create an unified market approach strategy compared to the individual, regional solutions previously used.
The consultant must structure, challenge and define a sound framework for the portfolio to operate in.
A highly strategic mindset is preferred over performance & motor sports know how, though demonstrating superior knowledge in both will be beneficial.
Having learnt the ropes of consulting at BCG, Bain, McKinsey, et. al. will be considered a strong benefit.
• Top tier management consultancy background (BCG, Bain or McKinsey)
• Sound expertise of the performance and motor sports market
• Proven track record of strategic realignment projects
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense