- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Sep 2018
- Project posted
- 7 Aug 2018 14:46
- Project duration (approx.)
- 1.0 Month
- Budget (approx.)
- £560 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a charity in the UK which helps disabled and disadvantaged people into employment and independent living.
We are looking for a consultant to complete a 3 month retail logistics optimisation project. (There is potential for this project to extend beyond 3 months).
The project includes:
1. Reviewing and advising on the best use of existing assets (50 stores, fleet of 5 vans, eBay and 1 e-commerce site, 1 central warehouse)
2. Defining a plan for resourcing our logistics requirements to support retail operations:
- distribution centre - currently pilot
- managing transfer between stores and from central warehouse
- sourcing/recommending the best courier partner to support our new e-commerce
- managing inventory/transfer/storage/dispatch of new and donated goods
The ideal consultant will have experience in a not-for-profit/charity organisation, in logistics/supply-chain/operations. For example, Oxfam, Barnado's, The British Red Cross, Cancer Research, AGE UK and British Heart Foundation.
An understanding of a truly omni-channel logistics model, where fulfilment capacity and stock availability can be flexibly deployed into any channel is required, as we are going to be launching an e-commerce site in addition to brick and mortar stores.
Our head office is in Bristol, but we have sites located across the UK.