- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 23 Aug 2019 11:02
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- €200000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Finance and Accounting
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , German (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a manufacturer of high-performance spindles and ball bearings serving a broad customer base and comprising c.340 employees. Our products are used in industries such as mechanical engineering, food&beverage and motor manufacturing.
We have been recently funded by private equity, and as such are looking to achieve new growth ambitions by focusing on attractive end-markets, expanding the OEM customer base and by pursuing an internationalization strategy.
Currently, the finance department is led by a strong controller. However in order to advance the business to the next level through the extension of the customer base and through the establishment of new, international sales channels, the company is currently looking to attract an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to provide a strong financial backbone required to carry out the growth path.
Responsibilities will include:
• Enhance financial transparency and controlling: Full financial reporting system that enables to quickly steer and manage the company based on strong financial transparency.
• Analyse production to enhance production efficiency and output: Evaluating the current manufacturing procedures based on operational KPI analysis to improve overall output and efficiency.
o Forward looking financials and especially cash flow planning
o Operational and commercial KPI reporting
o Monthly performance review cycle creating awareness on financial and business per-formance and budget
• Business plan and budget: Development and advancement of detailed business plan in close cooperation with CEO, COO and sales team.
• Implementation of monthly budget controlling and review process
• Financial analyses:
o Working capital analysis and optimization
o Operational controlling and production optimization
o Profitability analysis (ie. shed light on product margins) in close cooperation with COO and production
• Procurement controlling and optimization
• Optimizing financing structure on an ongoing basis
• Manage relationship to investors as well as banks/credit funds and satisfy information needs through financial reporting incl. relevant commercial/operational reasonings.
Experience within a PE environments and within a German production company is preferred.
The core team will comprise the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer as well as the finance and procurement department.
The role will require at least 4 days on-site in Saxony.