- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 2 Jul 2019 16:28
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$750 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Arabic (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a leading global provider of procurement consulting with offices in Europe, United States and the Middle East.
We are looking for 2 contractors with past procurement consulting / strategic sourcing experience and an operational background to support our current client engagements in Saudi Arabia., various cities/locations. He/she must have experience within Petrochemical.
The start date is ASAP and the estimated project length is 6 months.
The key requirements:
1. Must have 10 + years of experience working with clients/sourcing products and services in the Petrochemical industry
2. Must have some relevant management consulting experience within a leading consultancy, ideally within a Supply Chain/Procurement Service line
3. Experience within the Petrochemical industry is essential, ideally with experience in sourcing heavy machinery
4. Strong knowledge and experience with local content
5. Good management consulting toolkit (modelling, power point, stakeholder management, reporting, etc.)
6. Ability to work autonomously, hit the ground running and also as part of a team
7. Problem solving skills
The core responsibilities:
- Lead strategic sourcing processes on both CAPEX and OPEX spend categories while operating in a cross-functional team set-up
- Develop best practice material, including: category strategies, local content strategies, pricing models, capability assessment and contract schedules (service, pricing, service levels)
- Lead / Support teams in supplier engagement / negotiations –Develop PQQs and RFPs; Support/lead contract negotiation, incl. drafting key schedules as required
- Advise / guide teams on implementation of agreed commercial terms, and related practical matters, such as transition & transformation
- Direct (and where necessary, perform) financial modelling / analysis for savings / business cases, options/scenario analysis
- Provide thought leadership in Sourcing / Outsourcing / Procurement, and potential to lead markets with innovative thinking
The daily rate is negotiable depending on seniority and fit. Travel expenses are covered. The project is on-site in KSA and you must be willing to relocate for the duration of the contract. Arabic language is nice to have but not essential.