- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 17 Aug 2018 09:44
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$60000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Civil Engineering
- Area of expertise
- Engineering, Programme / Project Management, Strategy
- Consultant location
- Spanish (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a global corporation with a base in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. The company is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics, power, heavy electrical equipment and automation technology areas.
Through a current reorganization, we are urgently looking for a HSE manager to support us asap, full time, 5 days a week.
The HSE manager will be responsible for:
- Lead a team of HSE Specialists (in Local Division (or) Local Business Unit, Hub (or) Project) and contribute to improving Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective organization to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment.
- Support the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice. Facilitate delivery of support from the Center of Expertise (CoE) and ensure effective risk management through HSE excellence along the company’s value chain.
- Facilitates HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e. those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Drives behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
- Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
- Ensures appropriate HSE equipment and tools are available and used. Identifies, plans and initiates training need, e.g. for employees, site managers, contractors, site managers, and facilitates delivery of support from the CoE. Drives and ensures compliance with Group management systems.
- Contributes to and/or plans and executes Health (and/or) Safety (and/or) Environment performance and Corporate Responsibility related projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.