Objectives and Key Deliverables
- We are a global provider of wireless communications infrastructure.
- We currently own and operate approximately 10k wireless towers in Africa and 60k in India with Mobile Network Operator (“MNO”) tenants, which base stations require reliable DC power but without reliable AC power from the grid.
- The lack of reliability has led to the deployment of backup power equipment, mostly powered by Diesel generators.
- In 2015, our African operations spent close to $70m on fuel, equivalent to ~100m liters, which makes the company one of the largest fuel purchaser in the region. We have recently started working in Tanzania and that will be fully operational by mid-2016. We then expect our current fuel consumption to increase by approximately 10%.
- Currently fuel is distributed by external parties to the majority of our telecom tower sites in the region which typically have a nation-wide coverage, from dense areas to rural areas.
- We have expansion plans in Africa and India which will increase the quantity of fuel required in the region going forward.
- We are now entering a phase of operational optimization and would like to conduct a thorough analysis on maximising the value of
A: Fuel/Energy Purchasing and
B: Fuel Distribution and Logistics
This is where we would like your help.
We want you to propose a strategy for us, with regards to:
- Fuel/Energy purchasing
- Fuel distribution and logistics
This is to include qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis and an implementation plan.
We do not have a predefined duration for this project but expect it to be divided into 2 parts:
Part 1: diagnosis, saving drivers and draft quantification of savings for the next 3 years
Part 2: Final quantification and implementation plan
Part 1 could take up to 6 weeks, and Part 2 could take up to 8 weeks, but we seek a shorter turn around if possible.
Once you have shown interest, and if you have the required skillset, we will share a more detailed plan re. the project details and can discuss from there.
Extensive experience in fuel procurement and logistics, having run similar projects in the based.