- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 18 Oct 2015 10:10
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1200 / day
- Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
- Area of expertise
- Engineering, Operations, Product Development, Sales / Business Development
- On-site in India
Objectives and Key Deliverables
- We are an Industrial Graphics Company located in Bangalore, India. Among the market leaders in our line of business we produce high quality Decals, Stickers, Dials and Overlays for our customers in India and overseas.
- Our products meet the stringent quality requirements of Automotive OEMs as well as large global manufactures of Appliances. Our products are exported to over 15 countries.
- Our vision is to grow our company to be among the global leaders in the Industrial graphics business and to achieve this objective we are looking for a domain expert in Printing Technology who could help us achieve global standards in terms of production efficiency and quality.
- We would ideally like to engage an expert who has possibly retired from a large industrial Graphics company and has sound knowledge. (Preferable from Japan or USA, but not constraint).
- While the exact project scope is dependent on the expert’s profile, we are seeking a 3 months to a year-long on site engagement to achieve specific improvements in the company’s operations, specifically around debottlenecking and quality improvement.
- Daily rate would depend on the exact scope of work – to be closed after interacting with expert.
- Project to start in Dec
An approximate description of the profile of the expert would be:
1. Retired senior person with 25/30 years’ experience in an industrial graphics company supplying to international customers.
2. Experience with either Decal, Overlays or Dial printing businesses.
3. Experience with printing dials for Global Tier 1 suppliers of instrument clusters e.g. Calsonic Kansei, Denso, Yazaki, Visteon, JCI, Continental; Nippon Seiki etc. would be desirable.
4. Should have good knowledge of all technical aspects of the business including Art work, Design, Printing and post printing operations.
5. Expertise in trouble shooting and problem solving quality issues related to printing.
6. Thorough understanding of different adhesives and the chemistry of adhesive / selection for different substrates and Test procedures.
7. Experience in the qualification & product validation process by international OEMs such as Honda/ Yamaha/ Yazaki/ Nippon Seiki / Denso for Industrial Graphics parts.
8. Knowledge of new technologies – In mould decoration IMD Label manufacturing.
9. Aware of International trends in Industrial graphics and of the major Global players in this industry.
10. Strong network and relationships with OEMs and suppliers of substrates and inks.
Prior experience: Some names of global industrial graphic companies where manufacturing experience could be valuable to us:
1. SRG Global
2. Sigma International
3. Zanini Industries
5. Nippon Seiki
6. Nippon Carbide
7. Sakae Riken Kogyo
8. GMN Automotive
10. Lafrance Corporation
11. Ningbo Swell
The expert can be from any part of the world, no specific market experience is required but s/he should be willing to travel to India for the duration of the project.