- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 17 Aug 2016 09:34
- Project duration (approx.)
- 24.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- £480 / day
- Education, Business Services, Construction
- Area of expertise
- Operations, Project Management
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
Objectives and Key Deliverables
The group has invested to expand one of the independent schools in the portfolio. The expansion involves construction of a new 6th form block and a new residential accommodation block. The new block and residence must be ready to take students by September 2017.
Construction work is well progressed with a detailed construction project plan in place. Other elements of the project have been scoped and are in progress.
The group senior management team and the local management team are looking for a project manager to support delivery of the project, potentially up to its conclusion but likely for at least 6 months.
*We anticipate that an experiences project manager would be able to deliver this on a 2-3 day a week basis for around 8 weeks, with some flexibility.*
The school is in Oxford and therefore the base for the project. However, there may be a requirement to spend some time at the groups' HQ in London.
- Update/evolve the current project plan, work stream deliverables
- Work closely with the project sponsor and work-stream leaders to deliver on the project deliverables to time and on-budget
- Accountable for setting up, preparing agendas, relevant meeting materials for the regular project steering committee meetings
- Managing and tracking/reporting on project finances/budget (with support from local and group finance)
Project management experience essential
Construction or facilities experience ideal
Exposure to the education sector would be an advantage but not essential