- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 21 May 2018 15:49
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1280 / day
- Level of Experience
- Financial Services
- Area of expertise
- Executive / C-Suite , Finance and Accounting
- Consultant location
- United States
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a leading asset manager with $20bn under management and currently supporting a portfolio company in need of a strategic CFO for an interim period.
The portfolio company is a specialty lender to consumers and is based in the San Francisco/ Oakland, CA area. The CFO is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day activities of the finance function are executed well. They will also need to have a senior presence and strategic orientation to work with the various business leaders to develop operational plans and drive accountability. Experience working with a financial sponsor and managing multiple stakeholders is a plus. Previous relevant experience in specialty, consumer finance is necessary.
The successful candidate will need to build strong relationships at all levels of the company and the board. You’ll need to be involved in delivering the operating plan, with a focus on both top-line metrics and growth, as well as ensuring a robust view of costs. The CFO will be supported ably by a strong finance team.
The company would cover T&E for the right candidate but would require someone to be based on site for the majority of the week (4 days minimum with a preference towards 5 days).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROGRESSION
The successful candidate will be an outstanding commercial finance leader who brings a proven track record of success. You are likely to have begun your career and progressed rapidly within the Big Four, and your career will have developed into more strategic finance and operational roles, potentially with some experience of Private Equity backed business.
• Help develop a realistic operational plan to drive the Company’s financial and operational performance
• Develop and monitor financial and operational key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive better decision-making and prioritization
• Manage a finance team, mentor, develop and supplement talent in the finance function and develop talent plans
• Essential experience as a CFO and previous work within a speciality lending business.
• Qualified accountant (+5 years PQE), at least 10 yrs. of professional experience in financial roles, with clear evidence of leadership development
• Strategic focus and experience in driving organisational growth
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and people leadership skills with the track record of engaging senior leadership and board
• Exemplary economic and financial modelling skills, with experience linking strategy to business execution