- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 12 Aug 2019 19:24
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$285.71 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Information Technology, Accounting and Finance
- On-site in United States
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are the global leading travel and leisure company and currently seeking an Oracle analyst for our Finance Department.
BASIC PURPOSE: The role of the Analyst, Oracle Reporting & Business Intelligence is to support and execute financial and analytical reporting and related initiatives and assist with the deployment of those initiatives as they relate to our Global Financial System (CGFS) and other related financial system projects. In addition, the Analyst, Oracle Reporting & Business Intelligence ensures that service levels for deployed products and services are maintained and continually improved, and that any problems with the day-to-day delivery of services by the third party Service Provider are minimized.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Analyst, Oracle Reporting & Business Intelligence is responsible for supporting the execution of the financial reporting systems, support those system, Furthermore this position will be accountable for the following activities:
• Responsible for OBIEE report development including liaising with business users, third party support staff and management
• Develops analysis of business user needs in order to develop Business Intelligence requirements and associated documentation in collaboration with all stakeholders
• Facilitates and provides best practices to design sessions with key business users and developers
• Assists in the resolution of system issues, in conjunction with the third party support organization, and the use of Oracle support resources.
• In conjunction with the business users and development teams, assists in the creation and execution of test scripts, scenarios, and test plans that validate initial business requirements in readiness for production migration.
• Assists in changes or upgrades to the Extract Transform Load (ETL) process in conjunction with third party support or system integrators.
• Assist the manager in the follow-up of support Incidents and Change Requests.
• Ensures changes go through ITIL processes and follow all Company internal SOX controls.
• Assists the Senior Manager in the follow up of support incidents and change requests.
• Work with Oracle Financials team for any field or data to be added/ fixed in OBIEE.
• This position is a professional support position for our financial systems. This position is designed to be a mid-level analytical position which will provide subject matter expertise in the role of designing and building reports in OBIEE or other business intelligence applications as required. They will interact with local reporting specialists and management teams at various levels of the global organization.
• Bachelor's degree with a Finance/IT/System Engineering discipline from an accredited college/university
• Experience with Oracle Financials R12 or equivalent ERP is required.
• Experience with Hyperion application is a plus.
• Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Suite (OBIEE) 12c is required
• Experience with data modelling for data warehouse – star, snowflake schema designs.
• Three plus years of experience with hands-on design and support experience of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c (OBIEE), Oracle BI Financial Application, Hyperion, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to develop user training materials and presentations
• Detail-oriented and having strong problem solving skills
• Experience in requirement analysis, functional and technical specification development, data extraction logic, and troubleshooting system issues