- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 27 Feb 2018 16:30
- Project duration (approx.)
- 48 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £446.43 / day
- Level of Experience
- Financial Services
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a Fortune 100 Oil & Gas company.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Adviser, this role will have responsibility for managing tax advice to a portfolio of UK legal entities, with particular focus on the Corporate Sector and P&T businesses in the UK Group. This will involve liasing with the rest of the UK FX team and UK MDT team to ensure that appropriate advice is given to stakeholders and that related compliance and reporting requirements have been managed.
Ensure provision of concise, accurate, comprehensive, intelligible and timely UK tax advice to company stakeholders.
Accountable for the quality and delivery of domestic tax advice within the UK for area of focus, but is expected to support other businesses and activities across the company as priorities demand.
The principal accountabilities of this role are as follows:
- Accountable for the overall proper management of all taxes in the UK, irrespective of whether these are handled in their own organisation.
- Manage the overall effective and efficient operation of tax in the UK, such to include.
- Assist with relationship with HMRC under “enhanced taxpayer relationship” principles.
- Support and exhibit the new behaviours and ways of working to embed flexibility as a sustainable approach to the rapid and agile deployment of resources to high risk/value priorities within and across Tax, in particular working together with other tax teams in the London hub.
- Support management of resources to achieve the targeted balance between dedication (to assigned business/function/process) and allocation (to other areas/projects)."
All other activities as required.
- 2015 UK tax charge c$1bn
- 2015 UK capex $1.7bn
- Number of UK legal entities approx 170