- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 17 Aug 2018 09:43
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$75000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Civil Engineering
- Area of expertise
- Engineering, Project Management, Strategy
- On-site in Mexico
- Spanish (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a global corporation with a base in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. The company is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics, power, heavy electrical equipment and automation technology areas.
Through a current reorganization, we are urgently looking for a project operations manager to support us asap, full time, 5 days a week.
The project oeprations manager will be responsible for:
- Local or regional management of all project execution activities in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure operations are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, and schedule commitments.
- Coordinate and oversee team development and standardized process development to continually improve effectiveness of project execution teams.
- Ensures that the regional/ local portfolio of projects is managed consistently, based on best practices and company policies
People leadership and development:
Ensures that the area of responsibility is structured to fit the business model, sufficiently staffed with skilled resources and directed appropriately.
Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Oversees competency assessments and ensures that project staff is licensed and certified appropriately.
Leads and coaches the project execution team to achieve business objectives, i.e. to drive efficiency and effectiveness, improve cash flow, revenue and profitability. Defines organization of the project in coordination with the Project Manager by assigning project team members to projects based on competencies, customers and availability. Develops project execution capacity and capability in line with ABB policies, i.e. directives, instructions and guidelines.