- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 5 Jan 2016 10:07
- Project duration (approx.)
- 600 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- €800 / day
- Environmental & Waste Management
- Area of expertise
- On-site in Kazakhstan
Objectives and Key Deliverables
"Regional coordination and support for the EU – Central Asia (CA) enhanced regional cooperation on Environment, Water and Climate Change“ Project aims to further develop and ensure effectiveness and visibility of the EU-Central Asia Water, Environment and Climate Change dialogue and cooperation, in particular through the EU-CA Water, Environment and Climate Cooperation platform, aimed at improved policies, increased capacities and enhanced regional cooperation, both between the EU and Central Asia and within Central Asian region.
The team leader will carry out activities aiming at:
- sustaining and developing dialogues,
- developing capacity of regional and national stakeholders through training and policy advice,
- strengthening links between the EU and Central Asia while increasing awareness among specific target groups on climate change, water and environment.
The project is expected to start on the second semester of 2016 and have a duration of 36 month, so indicatively it will take place from April 2016 until March 2019.
At least 75% of the project activities will take place in Astana-Kazakhstan (mainly), in the other Central Asia countries, and in EU and the pre-accession countries, as required.
The project will take place in Central Asia. Although experts from Eastern Europe could be an advantage, there is actually no nationality request.
Qualifications and skills
- A University Degree in biology or earth sciences or engineering or environmental sciences or public administration or international relations or law, or equivalent
- A post-graduate degree in these fields is an advantage
- English is essential; Russian will be an advantage
General Professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in institutional and/or policy development and/or in facilitating reform processes in an international cooperation context in climate change or environmental governance
- At least one year of cumulated working experience in any country of Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia and/or EU accession countries is an advantage
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Team Leader type position is required
- Experience in organizing and moderating at least two high-level meetings/working groups is required
- Minimum of 3 month cumulated engagement(s) in actions complying with or promoting EU environmental legislation and/or water processes, is required
- At least 6 month of cumulated professional experience in any country of Central Asia will be an advantage