- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 3 Sep 2019 09:55
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1749.6 / day
- Level of Experience
- Private Equity
- Area of expertise
- Corporate Finance, Executive / C-Suite, Accounting and Finance
- Consultant location
- United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity firm who has closed a new fund and will be making a number of new acquisitions. We are looking for people to lead transitions at US-based portfolio companies, including full-scale carve-outs and merger integrations. The role would involve identifying and scoping transition plans and driving and managing the transition process
Lead Portfolio Company Transitions (Carve-Outs and Integrations)
• Lead Transitions at US-based portfolio companies, including full-scale carve-outs, merger integration, and integrating stand-alone acquisitions into the PE firm.
• Quickly identify and scope transition plan across all back-office disciplines (Finance, HR, IT, Legal). Communicate and generate alignment between company management, Operations Transformation colleagues, and Back-Office where applicable.
Drive and Manage Transition Process
• Drive the transition process, monitor key variables, ensure business is on track, identify where plans may be off target, identify root cause, and drive resources to solve.
• May include integration planning, Transition Service Agreements (“TSAs”), on-going project management and oversight, setting up PMO office, and specific leadership of one or more elements of the integration program.
• Launch, establish and lead program management offices (separation, integration), as required on complex transactions; drive resolution of issues, implement risk mitigation efforts and resolve dependencies across multiple workstreams and/or initiatives.
Manage Resources to Results
• Identify resource needs, marshal resources, facilitate discussions across organization, manage 3rd party partners, and hold resources accountable to results.
• Effective management of third-party support network, including independent consultants and consulting firms
• Oversee multiple workstreams simultaneously, quickly identify and call out potential deterrents early, keep projects on track
• Identify opportunities and leverage infrastructure within the business.
Step into Finance Challenges (beyond Transition)
• Manage through specific challenges that may exist within FP&A, Treasury, Tax, and Controllership to ensure foundation finance function is on track.
• May include timely and accurate financial reporting, cash flow forecasting and working capital management, finance systems, finance org design.
Carve Out Experience (required)
• M&A Experience either as a consultant or a large company. Has stood up a business across back office functions.
• TSA Management – Transition off of TSAs
Experience In-House Finance Leadership role (strongly preferred)
• Strong finance experience, highly analytical. Has sat in the seat before – Controller, FP&A, with a strong preference to having sat in-house through a merger integration. Active role in finance transition, including: Reporting (internal, external), Taxes, Cash Flow Forecasting, Treasury, Insurance, PE Procurement programs, FP&A, Controllership, etc.
• Has sat in the seat before – CFO, Interim CFO, Controller, FP&A, with exposure to other workstreams. Strong preference to having sat in-house through a merger integration.
Worked across Functions, Industries, Geographies (strongly preferred)
• manufacturing a plus
Managing and deploying 3rd party resources (strongly preferred)
PE Experience (Preferred)
Restructuring experience, particularly around the back office (plus)
Effective Communication & Influencer
• Ability to influence c-suite management, adapt to dynamic personalities, and drive change throughout the organization.
• Can liaise between management and internal team to ensure proper coordination and integration of portfolio,
• Extremely effective communicator, manages expectations, speaks to results.
Hands-On, Practical, Executes with Speed
• Action oriented, with a clear understanding that while analysis and planning and recommendations are important, it is execution and implementation which deliver results.
Confidence in judgement and leadership to be quickly deployable, know when to escalate, can operate independently.
• Can be deployed independently, has the experience, and work ethic to deliver to results.
Strategic – can prioritize, align plans with overall strategy
• Can simplify and prioritize complex situations and move the needle forward, 80/20. Effectively aligns plans with overall strategy. Strong intellectual horsepower, broad business acumen.