- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 20 Jul 2018 06:54
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- €1000 / day
- Level of Experience
- Medical Devices
- Area of expertise
- Engineering, Product Development, Strategy
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , German (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a German private equity fund that is focused on value creation in small to medium sized technology companies in German speaking countries. Our focus is on companies that have successfully made it through the start-up phase and are now focusing on rapid growth.
Currently we are looking for R&D support for one of our portfolio companies. As such the consultant will be asked to support the well functioning R&D team with his/her sound expertise that he/she has gathered over 15 years or more on the job.
The consultant will be asked to support the design, technical implementation and improvement of an existing microfluidic system. It is vital that the consultant has worked in this field or at least in this field environment. As such, it is absolutely vital that the consultant has a proven track record dispensing of aqueous solutions of different viscosities under sterile conditions. The definitions of flow rates of approximately 10 nL/min to 1 uL/min, coefficient of variation for the flows reproducibility should be below 5% and that the flow should be realized in a 32-multiplex should mean something to you.
Once the product is designed or rather the existing product is improved, the consultant will be asked to support the identification of appropriate suppliers of components in order to manufacture the beforementioned microfluidic system.
Furthermore, once this is done, the consultant will oversee the technical validation of the system.
- Proven practical experience as a project leader or project manager developing and producing microfluidic systems including pumps and valves, preferably if used as a part of sterilized disposables
- Hands-on experience in micro-fabrication technology (technical development, application services or sales)
- Physicist or engineer, focus on micro system technologies or a similar speciality
- Good communicator and effective team player
We are looking for someone to join asap. And the initial period of the project will be approx. 3 months after kick off. However, given the extend of the project, there is a good chance of extension.