- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 24 Jul 2017 08:25
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- €600 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Information Technology, Procurement, Strategy
- On-site in Germany
- German (Essential) , English (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
As a German Private Equity fund, we are seeking support for one of our portfolio businesses in the sector of smart home appliances. The portfolio business needs to be guided through the process of analyzing, identifying and purchasing a new ERP software that is critical for their processes. As a project and process manager you will be asked to assist management to analyze the status quo of existing software/ processes, to help the team to compile the requirements, lead the procurement process to select the right software platform.
Furthermore, the project will include the implementation of the software in the portfolios day to day business processes.
We are looking for a process oriented project manager with a proven track record in IT/ERP projects and thus a sound IT competence.
As mentioned before, you will work closely with management and key team members to ensure the right ERP system is selected and implemented. The key deliverables will be:
- Identify what challenges the company needs to solve and what your current system is unable to do. Compile a list of must-haves and nice-to-haves.
- Compile an assessment of the status quo (systems, interfaces, key processes)
- Determine at least 3 vendors that best serve our industry, requirements and budget. Evaluate them versus clear decision criteria (i.e. fit to requirements, technology, vendor, references, price)
- Conduct live software demo with top 2 options; include real data where possible
- Select system and prepare roll-out plan in close alignment with software vendor
- Managed all roll-out related aspects: Project management office, training, data cleaning and preparation, etc.
In order to be considered for our project we would like you to have:
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in management consulting or information technology
- demonstrated project management skills
- experience in procuring from and dealing with software suppliers
- sound understanding and proven track record of project & process management in IT software transformation/implementation projects
The portfolio firm is based in Eastern Germany near Chemnitz - you will be required to work at least 50% onsite at the portfolios business.
We expect the freelance consultant to demonstrate good market knowledge and be very communicative, as he/she will be working closely with management and key team members.