- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Jan 2019
- Project posted
- 26 Oct 2018 13:13
- Project duration (approx.)
- 9.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £500 / day
- Level of Experience
- Renewables & Environment
- Area of expertise
- Engineering , Operations , Programme / Project Management
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a small boutique management consultancy that provides a broad range of business development, and pre-construction support services to companies seeking to achieve sustainable, profitable, growth through the realization and delivery of construction projects and property transactions.
For one of our projects we are looking for a specialist on the topic of health, safety, environment and quality who will ensure that the high standards of HSEQ are attained and continually improved and all H&S legal obligations are met.
The specialists main responsibilities will be to:
- assist the development and oversee the implementation of the company HSEQ management systems.
- assist in the development of the company culture as the organization rapidly expands and changes.
- offer competent advice on H&S Matters to the company and its staff.
- ensure that all the company worksites are fully compliant with our legal obligations.
- assist in development of key HSEQ initiatives.
- ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with Senior Managers, HSEQ targets and objectives.
- review all H&S documentation
- Reviewing site HSEQ documentation to ensure it meets legal requirements.
- Carrying out Planned General Inspections
- Investigating of incidents and accidents
- Producing statistics, reports/presentations for managers and clients where required
- Advising staff of their statutory duties, changes in legislation and means to ensure compliance.
- Monitoring via site inspections compliance with the HSEQ procedures and legislation
- Monitoring accident frequency rates to establish any trends or improvements.
- Updating and produce H&S procedures where required.
- Deputising for HSEQ Manager where required.
- Aissting with tender deliverables where required.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- ISO Internal Auditor Qualification (desirable)
- Fluent in Microsoft packages
- Good standard of written English essential
- Relevant experience required – Minimum 3 years - Proven track record of developing, implementing and integrating quality & safety procedures
- Sound understanding of the regulatory sector and the management of risk
- Knowledge of utility sectors including but not limited to (also relevant Telecoms, Rail & Power)
Focus on Health & Safety Compliance:
Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimize the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with the HSEQT Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary.