- Project status
- Project start date
- Project posted
- 26 Jul 2018 09:23
- Project duration (approx.)
- 2 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1200 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- On-site in China
- English (Essential) , Mandarin (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
1. The management thinks sourcing function is not efficient and need to improve and support business growth.
2. The sourcing team managed over 500 suppliers and 300 categories, all sourcing jobs done by manual, even much repetitive/no-value added jobs like drawing checking and sending, supplier documents collection..etc , and sourcing related documents maintained by individuals. No good centralized management.
3. Client worked with a local software supplier for sourcing information platform, but feel it is not practical enough and did not helped too much.
1. Improve the sourcing job efficiency by developing the platform with the sourcing consulting project.
2. Improve the sourcing function effectiveness through the sourcing improvement consulting project
Sourcing improvement focus:
1. Supplier performance management and improvement
2. Supplier segmentation and management methodology
3. Sourcing strategy
4. Sourcing activity/process integration
Desired ideal consultants:
- Rich industry experience in medical device
- Knowledge of major procurement system
- Working experience in GE, Philips, Siemens Healthineers and other global top medical equipment manufacturer
Prefer Chinese who know local business and procurement very well in medical device sector. But also open to foreigners only if with extremely good background. T&E included.
Please note the experts should be quite familiar with Medical device/reagent industry sourcing management instead of only functional experience or knowledge.
We would need the person for around two days at this stage. If the actual project starts, we could further confirm on the schedule.