- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Oct 2019
- Project posted
- 4 Sep 2019 13:46
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1600 / day
- Level of Experience
- Financial Services
- Area of expertise
- Consultant location
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
The goal of the overall project is to establish a new business line for credit cards based on an debit card issuing business. The specific scope of this part of the project is to design a target state operating model for the credit card operations (i.e. designing required processes, technology requirements (card processing probably outsourced to Processor), org design (tbd)/capabilities.
We are a payments focused consultancy that manages similar projects and has expertise around the credit card processing and more specific areas (e.g. fraud, risk management).
This request is to augment specific expertise in the following areas on a 50-100% capacity basis, probably mostly being workshop-based inputs.
The specific areas of interest are
1. Project Management./Consulting background: able to manage the overall engagement, scope, time, stakeholder management, etc.; ideally operations focused , i.e. incl. familiarity to document (banking) processes, perform gap analyses and derive ways to implement/close gaps
2. Operating Model: Familiarity with designing operating models (people, process, technology) in financial services
3. Ideally Credit Card/Payments background: Ideally the candidate would also have expertise in this area, even having designed similar operating models (e.g. acquisition, account management, credit risk/underwriting, customer servicing
4. Additional areas of expertise as a plus could be marketing, product, finance, Legal, Compliance, AML & Treasury
Location: Setup would most likely be workshop-based, i.e. few on-site visits at the client (West coast), some team/alignments/working sessions in our office (NY or SF), rest remote work is fine; therefore US/Can-based consultant preferred