- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Apr 2018
- Project posted
- 5 Mar 2018 16:14
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$800 / day
- Level of Experience
- Investment Banking
- Area of expertise
- Product Management
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Arabic (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a leading strategy house and we are looking for independent consultants who will provide direct support to a “core launch team” that is focusing on setting up and launching an EXIM Bank. The consultant will need to be an on-the-ground subject matter expert (SME) and be involved in the day-to-day operations.
The consultant will need to relocate to the Middle East - Gulf country region and will work with the team for a period of approx. 3-6 months, depending on capabilities, qualification and performance. The support will be on a full-time basis (5 days a week) on the client site.
Please note that this is a live project and we are looking for immediate support of highly skilled consultants.
Estimated start date is Q2 2018
As a SME is required, these are the qualifications we are looking for:
General on-the-ground SME requirements
- 10+ years of experience in Export Financing, preferably at an EXIM Bank or Export Credit Agency such as UKEF, EXIM Bank of India, Swedish Export Credit Corporation, EXIM Bank of Malaysia, Turk Eximbank, Export Development Canada (EDC), KEXIM, JBIC, U.S. EXIM Bank, etc.
- Current consultant or freelancer with previous banking experience (due to short-term nature of engagement requiring relocation to the Middle East)
- Knowledge of and previous experience in Islamic Export Financing & Sharia Compliance is valued, at institutions such as: ITFC, ICIEC, Malaysia EXIM Bank, UAE commercial bank providing Export Financing, etc.
- Previous experience in the Middle East is valued
- Written Arabic skills are a plus
Workstream - Core Operations
- Previous role in IT at a financial institution (EXIM Bank or Export Credit Agency not critical in this case)
- Experience in procuring (including negotiations), installing, testing and setting-up maintenance schedules of IT infrastructure for financial institutions
- Experience in digitization/ setting up IT processes (from customer acquisition to account closure) for a financial institution