- Project status
- Project posted
- 23 Oct 2017 07:41
- Project duration (approx.)
- 27.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- €1000 / day
- Level of Experience
- Management Consulting
- Area of expertise
- Change Management , Operations , Procurement / Supply Chain , Programme / Project Management , Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Background and Objectives
We are considered to be one of the most prestigious management consulting firms in the world.
We are currently looking for consultants that have experience in lean manufacturing, capability building and industry 4.0 in asset heavy industries to run capability building training and bootcamp workshops over the course of the next two to three years. These will typically be large clients that are undergoing company-wide operational excellence programs and as such regularly require training of new groups within their manufacturing footprint.
As we are looking for top performing, we require applicants to have worked for McKinsey as Senior Associate, Engagement Manager or Associate Principal or equivalent roles in the expert track.
Successful consultants will receive 4 days of paid training (in Q1 2018) on how to run the workshops for our clients. After this training period, we will regularly call on the consultants to run trainings for our clients. The consultants can expect to be called upon a couple of weeks in advance for every training sessions they are supposed to hold.
These workshops will typically last 1-4 days. The minimum each consultant can expect to be booked per year will be min. 12 days, but might also be significantly higher. The duration of the engagement stated in the project description covers this minimum engagement over a period of 2 years plus the 3-day training period.
• Attend training sessions on lean manufacturing/ industry 4.0 (Q1 dates and location to be confirmed)
• Prepare and improve training sessions for clients on lean manufacturing
• Hold sessions for small groups of employees of one client at a time
• Document the services and workshops
• Relevant experience in operations/manufacturing
• Worked for McKinsey on the topic
• Proven track record working on projects in metals & mining, chemicals, pulp & paper, utilities or oil & gas, etc.
• Highly motivated and client focused
• Ability to communicate training contents effectively
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
• Ability & interest to travel to the sites of the client’s workshop around the globe
• Strong international experience
• PhD or MBA from a top 20 business school
• Expertise in coaching, training and workshop execution
• English is essential, other languages a strong advantage