- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 7 Mar 2018 14:56
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £391.3 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Accounting and Finance
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Main purpose of role
This role is a 6-12 month Maternity Leave Cover Contract predominantly based in Wales and requires an individual who can:
• provide divisional financial control and finance leadership whilst leading on divisional financial planning, analysis and reporting.
• Manage the financial affairs of UK Trains Ltd (parent company) including accountability for the finance team and
• Leading and coordinate the preparation of divisional forecasts, budgets and 5 year plans in line with group reporting timescales.
• Reporting of financial accounts, reconciliations, providing commentary and responding to queries from Group accounts.
• To manage the financial affairs including finance operations (payroll, AP, AR inc. recharging) as well as business
partnering and management accounts for UK Trains Ltd as the parent company for UK Trains as a division of the Group.
• To be the divisional lead on risk, compliance, accounting standards and pensions accounting ensuring a joined up
collaborative approach is taken to problem solving and consistency - to manage and chair any relevant groups and committees as required.
• To drive an agenda of process improvements and work efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice and accounting standards.
• Assisting the Finance Director of Operations with any other matters that arise that require support not limited to financial control but where support for the business is required.
• Accounting qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA
• A qualified accountant with strong post-qualification experience in a group company environment.
• Broad business understanding and a proven track record in financial accounting and reporting.
• Expert Excel, presentation and strong written communications skills.
• Attention to detail and a natural capability to meet corporate reporting standards and expectations.
• Strong focus on delivery to tight deadlines including coordinating a wide array of stakeholders.
• Practical experience working in a pressurised team environment with the ability to prioritise effectively
• Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills at all levels of an organization.
• Flexibility in managing varying workload and willingness to get the job done.
• Highly computer literate with advanced Office 365 skills a distinct advantage