- Project status
- Project start date
- 1 Jul 2018
- Project posted
- 21 Jun 2018 07:10
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- €800 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Change Management, Operations, Project Management, Strategy, Business Process Optimisation
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , German (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are an international FTSE listed Energy Company.
We are currently in need for support on one of our projects. This project aims to sustainably reduce the maintenance cost by 20% compared to those of 2016 for the 2021 budget, without jeopardizing reliability of our site. Aspiration is to improve and achieve a Q1/2 breakpoint with regards to cost performance on the maintenance index by 2022. In order to achieve this, first significant improvements need to be realized in 2018.
The challenge we are facing is that the processing facilities can be divided into 9 units that run somewhat independently from one another. There are pockets of excellence and best practice processes, however the goal is to consistently achieve maintenance cost reductions and harmonize the processes for all 9 units.
We have built an internal task force of approx. 25 people and “fixing the base” will have three pillars:
1. Gaining a better understanding of the gap and potential to reduce costs compared to 2016.
2. Three core workstreams: Cost control, Manage Equipment Care, Workflow Management. In order to sustainably achieve these goals, these topics will be supported by performance management (identifying/defining the right KPIs, etc.) as well as IT data control (making sure the data is gathered, attributed and processed in the right way).
3. A culture and behavior program should focus on: cost controlling, interfaces, competences and continuous improvement in order to enable a lean maintenance structure.
We have identified approx. 80-90% of the pain points to address in “pillar one” and now need 2-3 consultants on the ground to gain momentum in the project.
This means we are looking for hands on consultants that go through the tedious and tiring work of gathering and crunching data on costs, equipment care and workflow. Furthermore, the consultant needs to be on the ground to actually see if the processes are implemented properly. This requires the consultant to be pragmatic and have a certain standing in order to be able to act credible and as agents of change. Some of the questions that need to be answered are: Is there a gap between actuals/plan for existing processes, are the costs being attributed to the correct item, if not, why not. Is it a data problem, is the process not correct, is it employee behavior based.
The description above is that of a somewhat „Hybrid Consultant “. However if the strength of a consultant lies within either data analytics or implementation on the ground, we will strongly consider the consultant as well. A “Hybrid Consultant’s” work always involve 10% of supporting the program management process and reporting. We would estimate the data crunching and processing to take up 30% in order to help define standards, assess gap analyses and develop implementation plans. 60% is to implement in the field with “change agents” in order to close the gap and foster the right behavior. Again if the consultants strength lies in either data crunching or implementation, we would like to encourage you to submit a proposal and highlight this in your submission.
We are looking at a project that will likely last until mid 2021, hence we are looking for a long term commitment by the consultant and we expect the day rate pair to cover any travelling to and from the process plant as well as lodging.
- Strong benefit if the consultant has worked in a processing plant before and/or oil & gas
- The consultant needs excellent communication skills – being fluent or native German language speaker is an absolute must
- If the consultant has worked with SAP, it is a benefit
- The consultant can cope with our high standards regarding Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE).
- The consultant has a strong focus on innovation.
- The consultant has realized permanent cost reductions in previous projects.
!!! Kick off is planned for the 01st of July so we are looking to hire the right fits ASAP !!!
Project Duration: 01.07.2018 until approx. 30.06.2021
Location: Cologne Area, NRW, Germany