- Project status
- Project posted
- 12 Mar 2019 15:00
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$120000 (fixed cost)
- Area of expertise
- Big Data / Data Analytics
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity backed machine manufacturing business undertaking a global transformation to Industry 4.0 and require to bring on a Costing Manager to bolster the team.
JOB PURPOSE: As our organization continues to grow, we are seeking an experienced Manager, Costing and Analytics. This role will lead the company-wide standard cost setting process and ensure there is alignment and integration between the implementation of the Industry 4.0/Digitization initiatives and the costing practices/methodologies. This role can be based either near Toronto or Luxembourg. The Manager, Costing and Analytics will work closely Controllership, Finance Business Partners and the Next Generation Operating Model Team(Digitization/Industry 4.0).
- Lead company-wide standard cost setting initiatives and costing methodology improvement
- Interface with NGOM team and establish a costing practices roadmap that mirrors the milestones of the NGOM
- Execute and Implement the above plan to ensure cost practices are leading edge and continually aligned
with operational practices
- Interface with Finance Business Partners to understand how the shopfloor is changing over time
- Interface with the FP&A team to generate company-wide metrics and relevant reports which are driven by operation
efficiency and cost transformation, supply chain, budgeting and forecasting, product profitability, scheduling, and
various projects from order to cash.
- Educate finance and operation colleagues in new costing methodology, absorption impacts, variances, and
efficiency matters for standardization and consistency purposes.
- Undertake special projects related to Operations and Efficiency, Costing and Inventory, Forecasting and
Scheduling, and Accounting and Finance matters.
KEY SUCCESS METRICS
Success will be measured by evaluating the effectiveness of the costing improvements implemented to address the digitization of the shop floor. Feedback will be gathered from the business and the NGOM team on the effectiveness of the changes, the efficiency of the implementation and the way in which the individuals communicated and collaborated during the implementation of NGOM.
JOB RELATED COMPETENCIES:
- Strong interest and understanding of different costing methods applicable to the new digital environment
- Understanding the operations processes and the resulting products
- Analytical with high detail orientation
- Collaborative with both internal and external teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in using and/or programming semi-automated or automated machine toolsProven ability to deliver
- Collaborative – cross functional
- Able to work in ambiguity
- Systematic problem solver
- NGOM Leads
- Operational Business Leads (Base Business)
- SDP Lead – M. Nicholas
- Data and Technology Leads
- SDP Finance Lead
- FOF Lead
- Finance Business Partners
- Bachelor degree in Business or Finance, with CA, CMA or CGA designation.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
- Ten years of work experience in financial management, controllership, planning and analysis, cost accounting and/or value stream mapping in manufacturing settings.
- Exposure to Industry 4.0 and Digitization initiatives considered an asset
- Management skills, project management experience, and ability to educate and implement new ideas
- Ability to lead project team members from different background, educate/persuade/implement improved solutions
based on facts and sound analysis.
- Passionate about manufacturing, enjoy the opportunities to make a difference, and ability to influence colleagues to
adopt for better solutions.
- Tenacious, determined, analytical, creative, and ability to multi-task.
- Change Management experience desired
- Innovative and creative mindset – strong desire to solve challenges through innovation and collaboration