- Project status
- Project start date
- Project posted
- 19 Jul 2019 11:22
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$320000 (fixed cost)
- Area of expertise
- Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
- United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity firm about to close a new fund and looking to line up transformation leaders for our portfolio companies.
These people own the implementation of the value creation plan within the portfolio companies, responsible for driving cost out and growing the business. The value creation plan will already be created so we are not looking for strategy types.
Our ideal candidate will have a consulting background with experience in implementation of business transformations. We aren't interested in executives who have overseen business transformation but have relied on teams to ensure that it is executed.
They will also need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Hands-on: Ability to manage the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to any market or commercial context and identify the profit maximizing strategy.
- Collaborative: Charts the course with colleagues, but lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion: Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully, and does not try to sweep “bad news” under the rug.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard, long hours to get a difficult job done.
- Follows through on commitments: Lives up to forecasts, verbal and written commitments.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.