- Project status
- Project posted
- 3 Aug 2018 06:45
- Project duration (approx.)
- 1.0 Month
- Budget (approx.)
- €2800 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Mandarin (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
LW Advisers is a consulting firm with HQ in Spain and specialized in the Chinese market. We would like to have the support of a Project Manager based in China to conduct a project for Madrid Convention Bureau, a public Spanish tourist promotion entity.
Report target: Madrid Convention Bureau and its 200 members including hotels, DMCs, tourist services’ providers, etc.
1) To understand if the companies of tourist sector in Madrid are capturing value in the Chinese outbound incentive travels to Spain (or it is mainly kept to the Chinese tourist service providers);
2) What improvements should Madrid make both in the origin and at the destination to position itself as a top incentive travel destination for China.
1. Understanding the features and trends of Chinese outbound travel to Spain (more specifically to Madrid)and profile of Chinese travellers
2. Demand analysis (factors that influence the destination selection and expectations on the destination)
3. Tourist offer analysis (benchmarking of other international destinations like Paris, Barcelona, etc., success factors, SWOT analysis)
4. Promotion channel analysis （Tour operators and travel agencies, online channel...）
5. Conclusions and recommendations (are there unmet needs in China that Madrid could offer? What could be done to improve Madrid’s position as top incentive trip destination for China.
Deliverable: the final report will be a practical guide with recommendations on promotion actions to be conducted by Madrid Convention Bureau and tourist offer adaptation at the destination to the Chinese outbound travel in Word (about 30 pages)
Timing: starting date: now; the deadline is in October 2018
Profile of the Project Manager: more than 5 years of strategy consulting sector, has worked in tourism sector (ideally in the MICE or incentive sector), understands the current social media promotion in China, knows Madrid as a destination for incentive trips. Ideally he could conduct a few face to face interviews to some relevant sector players (travel agencies specialized in MICE sector, etc.). But he/she doesn’t necessarily be a Chinese national, could also be someone who understands Spain very well.
Other information: the Project Manager will have the full support of another team member based in Spain, who knows both Chinese and Spanish.
Estimated consulting fee: 3000 to 3500 Euro