- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 25 Jun 2019 13:45
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £800 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Sales / Business Development
- Consultant location
- United Kingdom
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a Private Equity backed technology business which provides GPS personal safety alarms to lone workers.
We are seeking an interim Chief Commercial Officer to join the senior management team for approx 6 months to play a pivotal role in growing and leading one of the UK's highest-growth privately-owned businesses.
The business is in SW London, we are open to flexible working, such as 3 days on-site, 2 days remote.
Some key priority projects that they the role will be working on are :
New CRM system
Working with a Digital marketing agency
Putting in place a general marketing and sales strategy
New commission scheme
Candidates will need a mix of creative entrepreneurialism, a hands-on approach, and commercial mindset.
Core to the role will be leading both the sales and marketing teams as well as a focus on brand strategy, pricing and, alongside the broader management team, international expansion largely through acquisition. Key responsibilities are listed below.
• At the outset, rigorous evaluation of our current sales function and customer breakdown. Analysis of current pipeline, customer segmentation and contract profitability
• Subsequent development and implementation of the right 3 year commercial sales strategy including focus on:
o Creation of a Key Account Management strategy to ensure both strong client retention rates and further growth being driven for existing customers
o Analysis of customer segmentation, sector propositions and pricing strategy for different markets
o Analysis of current channel partners, whether these can be optimised to drive profitability, as well as identifying new channel partner opportunities
o Development of new strategic and profitable commercial opportunities with new customers in adjacent industries and new territories
o Seizing the opportunity to make new markets and educate potential customer bases as yet untapped
• Analysis of opportunities for growth via acquisition, performing due diligence alongside the CEO and FD
• Giving clear leadership to the sales team, creating the right structure for efficient sales growth and coaching and mentoring the team
• Analysis of current CRM tool, use of KPIs and key conversion metrics to drive targeted sales behaviours
• Leading regular review meetings of the sales team (one-on-one meetings as well as group). Discussions to include achievement of sales targets, new opportunities and forecast sales activities, marketplace analysis and training needs
• Communication of corporate sales goals and strategy effectively to the Board, Senior Management and sales team
• Analysis of the current mix of marketing activities: Exhibitions & Events, PR, Social Media and Digital Marketing and development of a targeted marketing strategy, tying in with the above sales plans
• Alongside the CEO develop a focused brand strategy for recent and future acquisitions
This person will have a commercial background having worked in best-in-class professional sales and marketing organisations combined with an entrepreneurial mindset, hands-on approach, inspirational leadership style and experience of mentoring and coaching teams.
• Tech-enabled services sales experience: Proven track record of driving growth as a sales & marketing and / or commercial leader for a tech-enabled services business or SaaS product offering where long-term contracts and solution-based selling are key
• Public and private sector experience: With demonstrable track record of driving sales across a range of customer types
• Marketing and branding experience: Leading an appropriate marketing strategy for a similar scale business and driven a branding strategy with focus on brand integration
• International experience: Senior management role with sales and marketing or P&L
responsibility for multiple sites (ideally opening new offices) across a number of countries and the commercial complexities that involves
• Private equity experience: Candidates will ideally have experience of operating at management level in private equity-backed company with the fast pace, hands-on attitude and commercial mindset that requires.
Personally the candidate will be an ambitious, entrepreneurially creative, practically minded, highly motivated and confident decision maker with low ego who enjoys inspiring and leading teams.