- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 8 Feb 2019 15:13
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- US$4017.86 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Renewables & Environment
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research, Corporate Finance / M&A, Sales / Business Development
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
1. Background and Objective
Company is interested in engaging an external consultant to support its onshore wind strategy development and, if sufficient scope to proceed, support its efforts to acquire an onshore wind platform in USA. Company's goal is to establish an integrated onshore wind position in the US that includes project development, system design and EPC management expertise, programmatic access to competitive project capital, and O&M and asset management capabilities.
2. Consultant Scope
Item 1: Transactional Approach
• Description: Advice to Company on transactional approach options including, but not limited to, targeted business models, single vs. multiple transactions, single market vs. multiple market targets, minority investment vs. full acquisition, ability for Company to scale and integrate acquisitions, and transaction timing based on USmarket dynamics and competitor activities.
• Deliverables: 1-day workshop with Company plus follow-up documentation.
• Timing: February 2019
Item 2: Opportunity Identification
• Description: Review of Company's preliminary target list focusing on knowledge of target business model and project pipeline, strengths and weaknesses, financial position, availability/openness of targets to a transaction, and any omissions from the list. Also includes assessment of Company’s target criteria and introductions with target companies as appropriate.
• Deliverables: 1-day workshop with Company and updated target shortlist. Workshop likely in conjunction with Item 1.
• Timing: February 2019
Item 3: Valuation and Due Diligence Support
• Description: Define Company value proposition for shortlisted target companies. Use of networks and market information to identify opportunities and assess target companies’ potential interest for a transaction and define origination strategy. Assist Company in preliminary valuation of target companies and pre-transaction due diligence (capabilities, management, pipeline, customers). Item 3 is dependent on results of Items 1 and 2.
• Deliverables: TBD
• Timing: March 2019
3. Selection Criteria
Selection criteria includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Expertise in the onshore wind industry including relationships with potential targets
• Expertise in the priority markets of USA
• Experience in supporting similar onshore wind deals with similar consultant scope
• Ability to provide independent and objective advice to Company