- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 18 Apr 2018 15:08
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £720 / day
- Level of Experience
- Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Area of expertise
- On-site in United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are seeking a senior consultant with solid background in a similar role for a 6 months interim assignment in Hampshire, UK.
Daily rate: £600-£1000 depending on experience.
1. Drive the engineering organisation to world class via an effective asset care process
across the site demonstrating an increased predictive and proactive output and culture
2. Ensure site compliance to all required legislation and corporate standards as well as
building robust structures that drive improvements in safety behaviours
3. Leader in key elements of the site safety obligations
4. Reduce energy spend and explore new technologies to reduce energy cost per tonne.
5. Ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and
maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Qualified to degree level (Chartered Engineer or membership of recognised business Institution preferred) or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline, and have a experience at senior level in the maintenance of heavy rotating plant and equipment
• Ideally holds a current NEBOSH General certificate
• Experience in heavy manufacturing (Paper, Steel, Glass, Board, etc) with diverse set of engineering challenges and responsibilities is a must for this role
• Demonstrable success / experience driving Autonomous Maintenance/Preventative Maintenance/EEM pillars within a World Class Manufacturing framework
• Must be able to demonstrate formation of a vision, have the courage to challenge the status quo and the discipline to see it through
• As a proven leader, will be able to demonstrate a natural ability to bring the team and key stakeholders with him/her
• Additional qualifications and experience in a second engineering discipline and a formal management qualification would be of benefit
• Experience of leading in a unionised environment.
• Experience and good understanding of high pressure steam systems, compressed air and power generation through gas turbines including the legislation.
RESULTS PLANNING/DELIVERY FOCUS
• Deliver world class manufacturing within the maintenance team.
• Plan the department's activity in order to maximise plant availability and effectiveness in accordance with the appropriate Engineering standards and cost targets.
• Define and deliver effective budgets and operational targets to meet the business needs.
• Deliver effective operational excellance within the engineering function across all areas to meet the business requirements.
• Manage the central support, stores and planning functions.
• Manage the provision of site services and facilities management.
• Carry out short, medium and long term planning and make efficient use of departmental and contract resources.
• Strong analytical skills to make and support strategic decisions for the success of the site.
Takes calculated risks based on data and experience with HSE always at the front of mind
• Supports the development of new technologies to deliver economic benefit to the business.
• Drives a continous improvement culture where teams are empowered to drive change based on data.
• Seeks to improve methods, productivity and efficiency, making recommendations for capital expenditure and long term development, as necessary.
Seeks to improve Maintenance, Utilities, Site Services, Stores and Planning methods and maximise productivity and efficiency using Asset Care and audited against Step 0 criteria.
• Maintains good employee relations and effective communications within the department.
• Develops inter site relationships to add value to the business and ensure team is an effective member of CoP’s.
Develops and builds a strong aligned relationship with the Operational teams as principal customers.
INFLUENCING AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
• Establishes a collaborative culture making efforts to create long term partnerships exemplified by openness, shared action and an emphasis on mutual long term benefits even at cost to own party.Facilitates collaboration amongst others by bringing together people across boundaries to achieve results as a team and share best practice.
• Builds strong and sustainable working relationships with key stakeholders, proactively exploring innovative approaches to adding value to the customer relationship:
♣ Local authorities including planning authorities
♣ Confederation of Paper Industry (CPI)
♣ HSE, Environmental Agency, PABIAC
♣ Other site Engineering leads
♣ Senior leadership teams
♣ Site Risk Committee
• Recognise both internal and external key stakeholders’ needs and balance available resources and skills to strive to exceed them, overcoming internal obstacles and continuously looking for ways to increase machine reliability.
• Utilises structured problem solving techniques to resolve technical faults and complex issues, ensuring there is a high standard of structured problem solving in the department. Able to demonstrate various tools such as :
o Major Kaizen
o Quick Kaizen
o 5 Y
• Leading people: motivates high performing teams and creates a spirit of excitement and positive motivation where people feel committed to the vision.
• Gives guidance to departmental employees in order to solve technical or operational problems. Selects, trains, develops and motivates the employees in the department, including the training of Engineering Apprentices.
• Liaison with other functions within Engineering and Operations as necessary, where projects require.
Communicate with clarity and conviction.
Create high impact corporate strategy by drawing a high level of insight from multiple industries and business situations and display a deep understanding of business strategy in multiple markets.
Introduce new models that successfully transform an existing business or create fundamental change in the way we operate.
Apply in-depth understanding of the value drivers of the Company, to improve effectiveness & profitability.