- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 18 Jun 2016 17:06
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1600 / day
- Automotive , Machinery & Industrial Automation , Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Area of expertise
- Change Management , Engineering , Executive / C-Suite , Operations , Procurement / Supply Chain , Sales / Business Development , Strategy , Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
- United States
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Two-year engagement as Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) reporting to CEO of ~$1bn US Midwest-based global auto and industrial parts supplier to support execution of a broad range of value enhancement initiatives including:
- Relocation of plants to lower cost countries
- Product line margin diagnostic and pricing strategy
- Expansion of sales in emerging economies
- Expansion in adjacent end markets
- Select business divestitures
- General business development
* Please note this project has potential to extend to a 24 month engagement
The CTO would work closely with business unit and functional heads worldwide [though would not have a direct staff or dedicated support organization]. The role will require intense time dedication and significant domestic and international travel.
The Chief Transformation Officer will bring at least 15 years of professional experience including direct operating roles in an industrial manufacturing [or distribution] business with revenues greater than $500 million as a direct report to the CEO.
Preferably, the Chief Transformation Officer will have worked for, or on behalf of, private equity investors where s/he was responsible for implement fast-paced change in close collaboration with the support of incumbent management. Alternatively, the CTO may have a background in management consultant where s/he had similar responsibilities.
- Project management and coordination (can manage a large number of concurrent complex initiatives)
- Financial orientation (able to do own analysis to measure impact of actions on profitability and valuation and communicate concisely to a board with investor representatives)
- Indirect exercise of authority (can direct and win support from colleagues who are not direct subordinates)
- Ego in check (will earn trust and support of incumbent CEO as not being “political” or misaligned)
Ideally based near Detroit; however location flexible for the right candidate. Must be able to travel extensively both domestically and abroad. Must be able to start ASAP.