- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 25 Jul 2017 08:53
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £960 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Operations, Procurement, Business Process Optimisation
- On-site in United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
The manufacturing director is responsible for the management and development of all internal production facilities to ensure the delivery of product to multiple assembly lines on time to specification and cost.
1. Work directly with the Group Operations Director and Exec team to develop and execute a manufacturing strategy to support the company growth aspirations.
2. Directly manage the production of several diverse product lines across multiple facilities.
3. Direct responsibility for 900 employees
4. Provide direction, leadership and development for a senior management team of 11 individuals across multiple disciplines.
5. Establish appropriate KPI’s to drive performance and achieve business objectives
6. Delivery of product to assembly facilities 100% OTIF to specification
7. Identify, recommend and implement best practice processes and capability to continuously improve productivity and reduce cost and waste.
8. Work with the Staff Council to ensure employee engagement and commitment
9. Maintain and develop our manufacturing facilities to ensure the highest standards of operational cleanliness and excellence to reflect our Brand Values
- Director of a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
- Director of a Composites manufacturing company
- Someone with multi product/discipline manufacturing experience.
- Experience in lean
This project is located in on the coast in Devon - South West England, and all travel and expenses will be covered.
1. Inspirational Leadership
2. Performance Management.
3. Project Management.
4. Communication Proficiency.
First stage of interviews will commence 1st of August, and the 2nd round will commence from the 15th of August.
Start date is estimated around the end of August/beginning of September.