- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 17 Jul 2018 10:25
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1200 / day
- Level of Experience
- Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Area of expertise
- Project Management, Strategy, Business Process Optimisation
- On-site in China
- English (Essential) , Mandarin (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Our manufacturing portfolio company is in urgent need of a transformation lead to drive forward the implementation of a value creation plan. The plan is built around a full suite of transformational initiatives including commercial drivers (revenue growth, pricing, margin and sales effectiveness), manufacturing, sourcing, G&A. We need someone who has experience deploying across these areas with a preference for a manufacturing background.
The role will be managing the overall PMO plus leading specific initiatives beneath that. Most of this work will be across two sites in China so someone already in China with excellent English is preferable. Ultimately we need an aggressive executor who can work across multiple work streams and bring executives within the business along. We need someone who is willing to be primarily based in Shanghai for 6-12 months.
We expect monthly comp between US$20-25,000 per month
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Hands-on: Ability to manage the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to any market or commercial context and identify the profit maximizing strategy.
- Collaborative: Charts the course with colleagues, but let’s others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion: Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right,
not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully, and does not try to sweep “bad news” under the rug.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard, long hours to get a difficult job done.
- Follow through on commitments: Lives up to forecasts, verbal and written commitments.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.