Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a natural resources PE fund and in the process of submitting a proposal for a project in Nigeria and need to screen a technical expert in float glass manufacturing prior to submitting the proposal.
We are highly likely to start the project mid-November for 2 weeks. The expert is ideally required for 10-16 hours. Our budget is USD120 to USD160 per hour. If the Technical expert is not local, then he/she would need to travel to Nigeria (expenses covered).
Technical experts in float glass manufacturing with thorough knowledge of:
- Different float glass manufacturing processes used world wide (e.g. Pilkington process)
- Raw materials used in float glass manufacturing and their procurement in Nigeria / West Africa
- Impact of different impurities in raw materials used on the finished products
- Different finished product variants in float glass
- Manufacturing equipment required for different processes / products
- Major equipment / machinery manufacturers and their product portfolio of machinery used in a float glass plant
- CapEx required for setting up a float glass plant, particularly in West Africa / Nigeria
- Prior experience in manufacturing / production / technology with Asahi, NSG/Pilkington, Saint-Gobain or Guardian Industries preferred
- Prior experience in dealing with EPC companies that construct float glass plants