- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 21 Apr 2017 14:48
- Project duration (approx.)
- 8 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- £333.33 / day
- Level of Experience
- Financial Services
- Area of expertise
- Project Management
- On-site in United Kingdom
- English (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are looking for an action orientated project manager to join our Strategic Project Team for an 8 month period. There are a number of projects that are currently in motion, so we are looking for someone who is eager, ambitious, a good communicator, and incredibly organised.
One of the main projects you will be working on is implementing MIFID II, which will involve collating data and information from across the business, daily interaction with divisional heads, and working to stringent deadlines.
Experience in compliance would be an advantage, but is not a requirement.
- Providing professional project management for one or more projects concurrently
- Being responsible for the successful delivery of projects as measured against project deliverables, timescale, commercial objectives and risk management.
- Following a standard approach to project governance, including the reporting on the progress of projects.
- To be able to clearly articulate the objectives and business need for the project, understanding the broader strategic fit for the project.
- To make continuous improvement a priority, holding a solid grasp of project management principles, with experience in successfully advancing those principles.
To lead and deliver projects, including:
- Developing estimates and plans to create a baseline against which the project will be measured;
- Proactively identifying and resolving issues which threaten successful delivery;
- Initiating, controlling and closing projects.
- Delivering projects within agreed budget, time and quality parameters;
- Demonstrating clear understanding of the business requirements for each project, making ongoing decisions based on what’s best for the organisation, challenging senior stakeholders on critical success factors if needed.
- Managing all commercial aspects of the project including effective change control of requirements, deadlines and effort.
- Managing resources in line with deliverables.
- Resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensuring there is an adequate understanding of the business risks inherent in the projects.
- From time to time, supporting sales presentations to clients
- Experience of successfully completing the entire project lifecycle, from inception to implementation.
- Ability to lead a cross functional, distributed team to deliver successfully
- Track record of delivering to time, quality and budget.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to articulate complex messages with clarity and ease to all audiences and flex style as required.
- Strong commercial awareness, including change management.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to cope with high demand requirements of stakeholders.
- Logical, innovative, methodical, collaborative and thorough approach to work.
- Expertise in making high level decisions and implement operational plans.
- Collaborative team player who can influence outcomes as well as work independently. Known as being a team player and achieving for the group rather than individual.
- Lean Six Sigma methodologies (Green Belt standard)
- Compliance background
- Financial services background
- MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Prince2 qualified (or equivalent) – desirable, not required
- Planning, monitoring and controlling projects, including risk management.
- Financial control and budget management
- Operational management, process management and control
- Commercial Credibility
- Drive & Resilience
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Solutions
- Leadership & Influence