- Project status
- Project start date
- As soon as possible
- Project posted
- 15 Jan 2018 11:27
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- €1000 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Product Development , Sales / Business Development , Strategy
- Consultant location
- English (Essential) , Italian (Nice to have)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a PE fund that is looking to acquire an Italian plastics business. The target company offers a full range of products and value added services. At the heart of the manufacturer sits the plastic injection and thermos-molding production which is complemented by value added services such as tooling, assembly, painting, etc. The target offers full service to its clients. Client come from the energy sector, consumer goods, industrial application and automotive. The target has production sites all around the world with the exception of China, where there is only a small tool component making workshop. The biggest automotive clients accounts for approx. 25% to 30% of the revenue and is based in France.
Successful proposals will demonstrate a sound understanding of the plastic business as well as the value added services around that.
Consultants will be asked to:
• Thoroughly analyze the existing margins
• Advise on how to test the defensibility of the margins in the future
• Analyse and evaluate their defensibility based on the methodology developed
• Find proof that the target will/will not be able to defend the margins in the future
• Determine the strength and weaknesses, as well as the opportunities and threats of the business.
We need an external consultant to lead the investigation of the business during the due diligence phase. We would like successful applicants to begin as soon as possible. The duration of the due diligence phase is estimated to be 6 weeks.
• Sound expertise and track record in plastics technology and value added services
• Proven analytical skills of market, organizational and procedural challenges
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense
• Strong proficiency in MS Office products
Nice to have:
• Understanding of and expertise in M&A processes
• Solid training from top tier consultancy and/or blue chip
• Fluent in Italian