- Project status
- Project posted
- 21 Mar 2016 22:09
- Project duration (approx.)
- 9.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- €1000 / day
- Hospital & Health Care , Pharmaceuticals
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Executive / C-Suite , Operations , Programme / Project Management , Sales / Business Development , Strategy , Non Executive Director , Product Management
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
A reputable German PE company is currently conducting Due Diligence on the laboratory services sector IN GERMANY.
The company of interest is specialized in the analysis of
(i) food (nutritional value, additives, contaminant, germs, hygiene etc.),
(ii) environmental samples (water, soil, waste, compost, fuel, oil & gas, biota etc.),
(iii) consumer goods (migration testing, heavy metals, organic compounds, Saliva test, emission of gases, residue etc.), and
(iv) pharmaceuticals (amino acid, antibiotics, impurities, hygiene, microbiological analyses, protein analyses, quality control etc.).
Please note that the company is not active in the field of clinical laboratory/human diagnostics. Hence, the client is not interested in candidates with a background/experience in that end of the market.
Also, please note that the client is only interested in the German market/candidates from Germany with relevant experience in Germany.
Candidates should be familiar with the following topics:
• Growth drivers and sector trends: i.e. outsourcing, regulatory requirements, price pressure etc.
• Competitive landscape: leading players, differentiation (USPs), fragmentation, entry barriers etc.
• Positioning: importance of scale, portfolio width & depths, customer proximity etc.
• Customer landscape: fragmentation, bargaining position, purchase criteria, switching barriers etc.
• Business model: framework agreements, payment conditions, infrastructure integration etc.
• Growth strategy: buy & build, internationalization, B2C business etc.
The Consultant should actively support the client during their Due Diligence Process. Among other activities, this will take the form of
- phone calls/expert calls with the consultant
- participation in internal workshops and
- support in preparation, analysis and reviewing of relevant documents
- at least 5-7 years of relevant industry experience
- Former job positions of candidates could be general managers, sales managers, business development/strategy managers etc. in relevant companies operating in the German market
- generally candidates should have a sound understanding of market (trends), competition, positioning, the business model and the growth strategy
- the project can be mostly done remotely with potentially 1-2 days on-site for a client workshop
- the Due Diligence Project would commence in May/June
- the consultant would be required for a total of about 8-10 days over a period of 2-4 weeks