Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a Major International Energy Company
The Portfolio Planner role shapes the footprint strategy for the EMEA region through collaboration with others in Real Estate to develop and agree strategies for sites.
A support role is required to contribute to the EMEA portfolio planning workload, initially estimated to be part-time 50%. The role will carry out the following specific tasks:
1. Maintenance of data in RE systems, and analysis of the data to generate insights to drive better real estate decisions, e.g. critical date reporting, building occupancy analysis, etc.
2. Gathering and summarising Real Estate market insights for locations under review.
3. Gathering cost data and carrying out option analyses to assess location options, including financial and NPV analysis.
4. Preparing presentations to summarise option analyses.
5. Producing Strategy Note documents that summarise business requirements, option analyses and set out a recommended strategy for a given location or locations.
6. Ensuring that portfolio planning work is carried out in accordance with SRE processes and standards.
7. Other tasks relating to portfolio planning, as required.
• Degree level educational background; professional with a level of Real Estate business knowledge.
• Experience working in complex corporate environments in business and real estate related role.
• Knowledge and experience of undertaking and managing the execution of portfolio planning activity: 3-5 years’ experience.
• Understanding of real estate fundamentals including the financing of real estate.
• Understanding of the risks and opportunities of holding and operating a real estate portfolio.
• Portfolio analysis or planning experience.
• Capability to match business strategies and plans with the development of real estate solutions.
• Business partnering capability to liaise with business stakeholders and understand requirements, translating these into Real Estate solutions.
• Communication and influencing skills to be able to propose solutions and seek stakeholder buy-in.
• Strong skills in using PowerPoint and Excel
• Location preference for London, but Netherlands-based is also acceptable.