- Project status
- Project start date
- 20 May 2019
- Project posted
- 25 Apr 2019 08:23
- Project duration (approx.)
- 4.0 Weeks
- Budget (approx.)
- £1200 / day
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Strategy , Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
As a legacy media business, with a large D-2-C subscriptions base, we are taking a strategic look at our customer service.
In the digital world, expectations for customer service have increased significantly in the last few years. However, our core subscription experience has had limited structural changed.
We want to take a look at the world outside our industry and see how our experience stacks up versus gold standard ecommerce service.
We are looking for a very experienced strategic consultant to take look at our set up, with the aim of objectively assessing and benchmarking the customer service experience for our subscribers versus that offered by new scaled subscription/ ecommerce businesses that take a customer first viewpoint.
The underlying strategic question is whether or not we need to do something radically different for our print subscribers.
The focus for the review is structural and not operational.
• Are there major changes to how subscriptions are delivered that we should be considering?
• Have we got the set up right? Are there significant structural changes we should consider making to the configuration – eg outsourcing vs in-house fulfilment.
• If we don’t change does this matter/ what’s the downside?
• Should we make changes? If so what are the biggest wins?
• We get relatively few complaints escalated - can we conclude that customer service isn’t a problem?
• If not, do we have a small problem or a big one? What is the impact?
The ultimate deliverable is for the findings from this project to be distilled into a matrix mapping the value to customers vs the cost to deliver. This intended audience is our board.