- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 15 Jan 2019 16:20
- Project duration (approx.)
- 12.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$162000 (fixed cost)
- Area of expertise
- Business / Process Transformation
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity firm finalising an acquisition in the logistics sector in Toronto and will need to deploy a Chief Transformation Officer to drive initiatives to reduce the cost base, drive top line growth and digitalize the business.
This is likely to be an 18 month need and our ideal candidate will have 10 years plus experience from a consulting firm plus some familiarity with the customs brokerage industry. We would like to have a Canadian citizen or at least someone who already has the right arrangements to work in Canada.
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Hands-on: Ability to manage the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to any market or commercial context and identify the profit maximizing strategy.
- Collaborative: Charts the course with colleagues, but let’s others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion: Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right,
not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully, and does not try to sweep “bad news” under the rug.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard, long hours to get a difficult job done.
- Follow through on commitments: Lives up to forecasts, verbal and written commitments.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.