- Project status
- Project posted
- 11 Oct 2015 11:47
- Project duration (approx.)
- 120.0 Days
- Budget (approx.)
- £1100 / day
- Investment Banking , Utilities / Energy Generation
- Area of expertise
- Analyst / Research , Engineering , Procurement / Supply Chain , Programme / Project Management , Finance and Accounting
- Consultant location
Objectives and Key Deliverables
To prepare the due diligence of newly built onshore wind farm projects in Europe for a financial institution with the aim of providing loans to these projects.
The due diligence shall focus on technical and economical variables of the project, environmental permitting and impacts, procurement of goods and services for the project, capabilities of the different stakeholders to develop, build and operate the project, applicable contractual framework, etc.
Three major deliverables, which can be delivered remotely. They shall be delivered in English:
1. Preliminary Information Note on the project, summarising its basic characteristics
2. Due Diligence Report providing detail of the project characteristics, related risks and mitigants and final recommendation
3. Environmental and Social Summary focusing on the project permitting process, E&S impacts and mitigants
The assignment will include due diligence meetings with the promoter and project stakeholders to gather the necessary information, as well as a visit to the project site. The financial institution may join in the meetings and site visit
Master of Science (or further education) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
At least 10 year experience in the onshore wind sector, performing wind resource assessments, feasibility studies, environmental report assessments,due diligence reports, etc.
WIde experience working with financial institutions (commercial banks, international finance institutions, equity/debt funds) in their due diligence process
Excellent written and spoken English, and good command of French. Knowledge of any other European Union language (Spanish, Portuguese, German, etc.) would be an advantage