- Project status
- Project start date
- Not specified
- Project posted
- 16 Jan 2019 09:32
- Project duration (approx.)
- 3 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$30000 (fixed cost)
- Level of Experience
- Area of expertise
- On-site in United States
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are a private equity backed provider of site services and solutions headquartered near Boston undertaking a full business transformation to improve business efficiency and to maximize revenue growth.
One area we see traction remaining is procurement- particularly the 4-8 consumable categories at the branch level. We have an established procurement team in place which has been working on projects including SKU rationalization but there remains a disconnect between their forecasting and the finance team’s.
We need someone to provide extra analytical capabilities whilst we harmonize the two departments to work out gaps in forecasting and then to move on to cost take out initiatives within the branches. The initial 3-6 months would prioritize improvements to forecasting before driving cost out initiatives which could extend well beyond this period. An important area for exploration is understanding differences in consumable usage at each branch to try and reduce it.
The consultant would work closely with the VP of Transformation at the business as well as the heads of procurement and finance.
- 3-5 years within a procurement role
- comfortable searching for value, including visiting/revisiting vendor relationships, cost structures, and management models
- ability to drive changes in spend to a granular level, including at the frontline of branches and within management across multiple regions
- based near Boston already, but we would be okay to fly the right person in as long as there was a commitment to spending the majority of time on site.