Objectives and Key Deliverables
*This 6 month project is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
**The daily rate is not indicative of client’s budget. Please submit a bid that feels right for your experience level.
A large TMT company is hiring talented big data professionals for a new initiative in Jakarta, Indonesia. The client needs support with monetising their data that comes from their core business. The client is looking for people with agile, nimble mindset who preferably come with start-up experience.
ROLE: Data Scientist
Apply strong expertise in machine-learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype and build the next generation analytics engine and services
▪ Understand business problems and designs end to end analytics use cases
▪ Develops complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organisation. This may include improving on-time performance, network planning, etc.
▪ Conducts advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
▪ Collaborates with analytics engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
▪ Provides thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments and collaborating with industry leaders
- Technical Expertise
▪ MS/PhD in computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, ops research or related technical discipline
▪ 5-7 years experience in a statistical and/or data science role
▪ Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimisation or related field
▪ Experience with R or Python is required. Background in programming in C, C++, Java is beneficial
▪ Experience working with large data sets, simulation/optimisation and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.)
- Agile Experience
▪ Experience working in startup environment or organisations with an agile culture
▪ Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Individual Skills
▪ Good written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work
in cross-functional teams
- Mindset & Behaviours
▪ Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
▪ Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced startup like environment