Objectives and Key Deliverables
We are advising an oil company on a major cost reduction program across its portfolio
To address this, a rapid diagnostic across the portfolio to identify material opportunities is being launched
A key part of this will be collecting operational, financial and third-party data and working to identify and quantify performance improvement hypotheses.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Analysis and developing client ready outputs
- Working with client teams in client offices in the EMEA region with other members of the project team to collect data, conduct interviews, deliver client presentations etc.
- Using the data to analyse client operations and produce quantitative improvement hypotheses
- Developing updates and communications packs for the project and client leadership (including client review meetings)
- Timely risk identification and escalation to project leadership
- Strategy house / Big-four consultant with 3+ years experience of client work experience
- Experience in carrying out quantitative operational and commercial improvement diagnostics
- The ability to link improvements to financial outcomes is essential (this is not a lean/Kanban /process re-engineering exercise)
- Experience in the oil industry and/or consulting in oil and gas (big plus point)