- Project status
- Project start date
- Project posted
- 19 Jun 2018 18:50
- Project duration (approx.)
- 6.0 Months
- Budget (approx.)
- US$1280 / day
- Area of expertise
- Strategy, Business Process Optimisation
- Consultant location
- Japanese (Essential)
Objectives and Key Deliverables
We have just acquired a medical device manufacturer and require someone to lead the implementation of the value creation plan we have identified for the Japanese market. The main focus will be on revenue enhancement through go to market and growth strategies as well as improvements to strategic sourcing and G&A. Our ideal person would be a generalist with a spike in one of these areas.
They would be responsible for staffing up each of the initiatives and would be responsible for the overall delivery of the value creation plan and EBITDA improvements.
A background in management consulting would provide the ideal toolkit here but we are looking for an executor, not a strategist. Likewise, open on budget.
Ideal candidate profile
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Hands-on: Ability to manage the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to any market or commercial context and identify the profit maximizing strategy.
- Collaborative: Charts the course with colleagues, but let’s others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion: Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right,
not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully, and does not try to sweep “bad news” under the rug.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard, long hours to get a difficult job done.
- Follow through on commitments: Lives up to forecasts, verbal and written commitments.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.