Objectives and Key Deliverables
The company is a new joint industry initiative that uses a predictive mathematical model that uses ship data to highlight a pattern of events that, if left unchecked, could lead to a major incident. This information is then shared and as a result, incidents can be avoided ahead of time.
The initiative was founded and is supported by the very largest names in the Maritime and Shipping industry. It is now being established as an independent non-profit organization for the industry.
Purpose - To provide strategic and day to day business support to the management team in the delivery of the strategic aims of the business and the operations of the office
As the business is effectively a start up with a small team, responsibilities will be very varied. Below list of responsibilities is illustrative, but not exhaustive.
• Assist in the creation of board presentations and reports
• Research and make recommendations on strategic initiatives
• Assist in defining systems and procedures as the business scales
• Help in implementing and further developing the marketing plan
Day to Day Support
• Manage incoming enquiries
• Plan and coordinate logistics for domestic and overseas sales expeditions
• Assist with marketing activities, including design of marketing materials and planning of tradeshows
• Point of contact for outsourced accounting services
• Ensure smooth running of the office (including IT, mail, etc)
• Enthusiastic about working in a start-up environment
• Flexible can-do approach and capable of multi-tasking
• Shows initiative and able to both work independently and as a team member
• Business degree
• Marketing experience and skills